Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today as I was driving back home ~ A very short story.

Today some dreams were broken.Today I brought shame to a middle class man , who had raised me with love and care.The man who had sacrificed his happiness to make me happy looks down upon me today.
The world addresses me as a criminal.The media covered the story of a young man who had knocked down a teenager while driving back home from work.Today the news report forgot to mention that this young man , who had a ring in his pocket and his first pay check in  the other , was driving home from work to celebrate his fiance's birthday . He was driving at a speed of forty kilo meter per hour , below the posted speed limit , even though he had a terminally ill mother waiting at home with his favorite Gulaab Jamun to celebrate his first pay check and that the victim was an intoxicated drug addict with suicidal tendencies who deliberately jumped out in front of my vehicle. 

10 comments:

  1. i hav no words abt wat to write in feedback. just wanna say u hav charm in ur writing Ayushee :-) god bless u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Pranav :) That means a lot ! :)

      Delete
  2. Well it's too short but wonderfully written with every little details. When i started to reading, it kept me on the edge of my seat. Anyway you writing is pretty good!! Nothing superfluous and nothing missing .. haha :D
    ps : I hate the way media manipulate someone without knowing the truth :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you boss :)
      To your PS reply , I completely agree. That is one reason I came up with this story :)

      Delete
  3. This is one amazing piece of writing....i have to only say one thing keep up the good work...tc

    Aditya Daftuar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daftuar. Glad that you dropped in here. Thanks a ton , man :)

      Delete
  4. Best Short story I have ever read with all the Emotions Best Placed .. Long way to go doll :)

    ReplyDelete